Friday, January 30, 2009

Nostalgia

So it's been a year, and a wonderful year at that. We made a 2009 calendar with pictures of the babies from each month. It's pretty amazing to look back and see them so tiny. This was Maitlyn on the day we left the hospital:

And this is Maitlyn and Braiden having their first birthday cake:
People always ask if I miss the 'baby' stage, especially now that they are entering the toddler years. But so far I have loved every stage. It's hard to wax nostalgic for all the baby stuff when they are learning and changing so much now. It's pretty amazing to see them do the things the baby books say they are going to start doing--putting lids in and out of containers is currently their favorite pastime. They are running around, interacting with each other, testing their boundaries, learning to climb up slides, and establishing their personalities. It is such a fascinating thing to watch. I feel incredibly blessed that I get to be a part of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember when they could barely open their eyes.

Keep up the good work, sis. I heard it's not easy.

Unknown said...

Impressive! I, too, have loved every stage; however, while looking at baby pix of Pierce today I found myself craving that bald head and those fat cheeks! His giggle is now a laugh and he talks in paragraphs rather than syllables. I came to the conclusion that it must be time for another baby!

Aunt LaLa said...

I agree! More babies all around! (except those of us who are unwed and unemployed)