Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Favorite Moments

We put a lot of effort into creating memorable moments for the girls--Sea World, music class, trips to the beach.  However, I find that my favorite moments are the ones that happen among the ordinary day-to-day.  Tonight, I was sitting on our bathroom floor, rocking Maitlyn on my lap, listening to Caylee talking to the fish in the bouncy chair and watching Braiden try to replicate her earlier success of peeing in the potty.  Just us girls, hanging out.  It was wonderful.  I like all the fancy trips and such, but the ordinary moments I really treasure.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Those ordinary moments are the best of all. They add up to a lifetime of love and memories.

Venetia said...

As Socrates noted, the unexamined life is not worth living. These are the moments of such examination, and we hope they bring insight and/or wisdom. Certainly they bring a smile. (And these memorable observations are much easier to find on a site such as this, rather than shuffling through the impossible fluff of Facebook years (or months) from now. Keep up the good work!